Thursday, March 17, 2011

Running

Happy Match Day to all the 4th year med students!!! Happy St. Patty's Day!!!

Today was my day off, so I got to enjoy the beautiful 59 degree weather by a nice long run outside! I decided to run my route of going over to Lake Michigan and then south on the lake front path down to Soldier Field and back, for a total of 8 miles. I felt great throughout the entire run, except for when the wind was blowing my hair in my face! I was glad I opted for a thin long sleeve shirt because the wind coming off the lake was a bit chilly! The run was totally awesome! My total running time was around 1 hour and 10 minutes, which puts me at about 8 1/2 minute miles. I'll have to train harder for speed, but for now I'm happy with that time. After running on the treadmill all winter and not doing long runs, I think that is the best I can expect at this point. I'm excited to do more long runs outside now that the weather is getting nicer! Another 10 minutes was added to my run by stopping to take all these photos! Please excuse the grainy photos, my iPhone camera was all I had with me! We're going to take a little tour of one of my running routes! Here we go!

I started my run out on Upper Wacker Drive, and saw that one of the bridges was up, which I don't see that often!

Hopping onto the river front path out to Lake Michigan

This is the Trump Tower with the bridge in the foreground

Just to the west are the corn cob buildings - actually named Marina City

View of the river and the direction I came from

View of Navy Pier, once I got out to the lake

Lake Point Tower, on Navy Pier - I bet all the views from that building are awesome!

Empty docks - the seagulls were so loud around this area, and the breeze felt good coming off the lake!

Looking north along the lake shore, about 2.5 miles into the run
Then I made it down to Roosevelt, south Loop area, where there are some cool buildings

The Field Museum - looks like they have a horse exhibit going on right now

The Shedd Aquarium - I am about to run around the backside

View #1 of downtown from the south

View #2

View #3

The backside of Soldier Field, almost done! I had about 0.2 miles to run, and then turned around to head the same route back to downtown

Navy Pier looks so far away from behind the Shedd Aquarium!

View of downtown, and it's getting cloudy!

Made it back up to downtown! This is Lake Shore Drive with some of the smaller residential buildings on the river

The tour boats are up and going for the spring season!

Here is the river front path that I run on to get back home! Quite a nice run today!

No comments:

Post a Comment